The Holidays are upon us and it is the best time of year to source those feelings of generosity, kindness and humanity that we all have inside of us, but unfortunately rarely use. So, we are leveraging the Spirit of the Holidays in the best possible way we can. We are putting out this challenge with the goal to spread it like wildfire around Social Media and encourage everyone – young and old, big or small, Christmas Elves or Scrooges one and all to join in.
HOW TO PLAY
The rules are easy peasy:
December 1st-31st,2016 – DO the following:
1. Accept the #kindnesscounts challenge
2. Go out into the world, go about your day and practice small acts ( or big ones) of kindness wherever you can!
3. Take a picture of you doing this deed, whatever it is, and put it up on Social Media ( Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat) with the hashtag #kindnesscounts ( Pic it and Post it)
4. Nominate friends, non friends and even enemies ( since they really need it) to the Challenge!
- SAMPLE TWEET – @(twitterhandle) I nominate YOU to take the #kindnesscounts challenge! – click HERE =>http://bit.ly/acuekind
- SAMPLE INSTAGRAM – @(instagramname) I nominate YOU to take the #kindnesscounts challenge! acueconsulting.com for more info!
- SAMPLE FACEBOOK – @(Tag friend or business) I nominate YOU to take the #kindnesscounts challenge! click HERE =>http://bit.ly/acuekind
5. RT, Regram, Share other #kindnesscounts deeds and/or opportunities you see and SHARE the LOVE!
We will RT and SHARE all #kindnesscounts deeds to our network and our friends networks and so on and so on.
The Goal is to provide a platform to:
1. Give without expectation of return for ANYONE.
2. Provide a wonderful thing(s) for someone in need.
3. Encourage and support everyone to make kindness a habit, a day to day thing – SO, that hopefully this will continue past the Holiday Season.
We aren’t offering any prizes, or fancy things. We think, actually we KNOW that the simple act of doing something kind will bring you more Joy that you even know right now. That is a prize enough! And, we think that if you need to be motivated by THINGS to do KINDNESS perhaps you should rethink your values anyway – Just sayin.
HOWEVER – since we value creativity and community a great deal, AND we probably won’t be able to help ourselves – we WILL give out prizes to the most creative and kind acts that we see shared via social media with the hashtag #kindnesscounts
There are LOTS of other kindness challenges out there and MANY MANY services being offered to those in need. We will assist you in your #kindnesscounts challenge by providing you with ideas and locations.
The glorious thing about this challenge is that no one corporation will benefit by hiding behind a campaign of kindness but really just marketing their product or promotion or service. This is NOT a sales campaign.
The people who will benefit are those receiving the kindness ( and they will all need it) and those of you who GIVE it. Since giving really creates some incredibly positive feelings.
If you want more Kindness in the World, you need to start putting it out there. So lets get to it!
Do you Accept the #kindnesscounts Challenge?
If YES – then click an icon below and let us know you are in by InstaTwitFace ‘ing’ to us (@aCueConsulting): #kindnesscounts and I’m IN!
If NO – then, well – have a good day Scrooge Mc’ Scrooge…
Volunteering regularly in the Vancouver community, Kaare sponsors and supports many local artists and community driven businesses and social causes and has been nominated for the ‘Power of Peace Award’ with YMCA the Wendy McDonald award – Vancouver Board of Trade for Community Catalyst and the ‘Community Impact Award‘ from Small Business Awards B.C.
Kaare’s driving force is her strong sense of community support to each and every project she undertakes and she is the founder of the #sayhitoastanger social project in Vancouver.
Latest posts by Kaare Long (see all)
- How To be Popular in a Social Media World - March 9, 2017
- #KindnessCounts –Humanity for the Holidays - December 5, 2016
- How to Stay a Positive Force as a Thought Leader Online While the World is in Crisis - November 25, 2016